FINAT Awards the Prizes to The Best Labels: 19 For MCC
The annual showcase of the very best in creative and technical label design and printing – the FINAT Label Competition – has featured an impressive line-up of winners from its most recent edition. The competition, which this year celebrates its 42nd edition, attracted 205 entries from 38 companies from 21 countries worldwide. In addition to the 7 Group winners and the 34 Category winners a total of 73 Highly Commended certificates were distributed, being 19 for our MCC teams around the world.
The winning MCC labels are:
This year, the Judges Award was given to MCC Australia for Tilde Australian Raw Vodka. A technical complicated label which is best described by the converter’s own technical explanation. “Two label substrates were used, a coated poly film on the underside printed in CMYK + Toyo Black up to Unit 4 on the press then a Contone Bianco top substrate which is separated and joined to the poly film bottom stock at unit 5. Printing continues with two greys and Toyo Black with a Highbuild screen and finished with a spot Matt varnish and final die cut. Eventually five colours were used along with a 200 lpi screen.”
The Group winners are organized into the following main groups which include A. Marketing/End Uses, B. Printing Processes, C. Non-Adhesive Applications, D. Innovation & Electronic Printing and E. Digital Printing.
GROUP A MARKETING/END USES
A2 ALCOHOLIC DRINKS – JOINT WINNERS
MCC Australia for Tilde Australian Raw Vodka. For more technical details see the Judges Award comments.
GROUP B PRINTING PROCESSES
B5 COMBINATION PRINTING – JOINT WINNERES
MCC Paarl, South Africa for Tête de Lion. A dark dramatic looking label printed using offset litho and screen printing in five colors. The use of gold hot foiling makes the lion’s head stand out from the black background. A gloss varnish and silk screen embossing help to maintain and support the visual impact of the gold foiling. The white type is highlighted using a discreet gloss varnish over opaque white lettering.
HIGHLY COMMENDED CERTIFICATE WINNERS
GROUP A: MARKETING/END-USES
- MCC Bingen – Ritmo de la Vida – Screen
- MCC Australia – Hearts & Minds – Litho
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – Offshore Hang Ten Rosé – Digital
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – Red Schooner – Digital
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – The Collection Red Wine Blend – Digital
- MCC Cwmbran UK – Ltd Jack Rabbit Signature Collection – Flexo/Screen
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – Baker & Hamilton Cabernet Sauvignon – Litho
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – Round Pond Sauvignon Blanc – Litho
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – Saracina Winter’s Edge – Litho
A2: ALCOHOLIC DRINKS
- MCC Bingen – Old Pascas 73% Jamaica Dark Rum – Flexo/Screen
- MCC Australia – Happenstance Café Refresco – Digital
- MCC Cwmbran UK – Ltd Innis & Gunn Caribbean Rum – Screen/Digital
- Skanem Skurup AB (MCC Sweden) – Kiss Monstrum Ultra Premium Rum – Flexo
CATEGORY A3: NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS
- MCC Cwmbran UK – Ltd Nix & Kix – Sparkling Watermelon Hibiscus – Digital
- MCC Cwmbran UK – Ltd Tanqueray Alcohol Free 0.0% – Flexo/Screen
CATEGORY A14: SELF-PROMOTIONAL LABELS
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – MCC Wise Monkey Brewing – Flexo
GROUP B: PRINTING PROCESSES
CATEGORY B1: FLEXOGRAPHY
- MCC Paarl – Sunset Cape Chardonnay – Flexo
CATEGORY B4: REEL FED OFFSET LITHO
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – Jackson-Triggs Vancouver Artist Dacey Special Edition Reserve Merlot – Litho
GROUP C: NON-ADHESIVE APPLICATIONS
CATEGORY C1: SLEEVES
- MCC North America Wine & Spirits – MCC Dreaming Sloth – Flexo
Congratulations to all the participants, we are proud of the results.